Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Photos

Hey,

So Robyn arrived safe and sound on Thursday with virtually no jetlag (rather jealous) We even went out the night she arrived and showed her the nightlife Queenstown has to offer. She is rather cold but doing OK! It's actually rather mild at the moment, not really dipping below 6 or 7. It has been around - 7 in town and - 15 on Queenstown Hill last week. Which is where our house is..

We had a lazy couple of days as I had nothing planned in preperation for Robyn's jetlag but we did have a big Christmas Day party on Saturday, with a Christmas tree and everything! Basically because of the winterness we thought it would be nice. We had quite a few people over and ate and drank until bursting.. Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, mince pies, mulled wine and baileys! We danced and played games and had a great night.

I will put up some photo's next week but before that just some photos from the last month or so, so I have everything mostly in order..

Firstly the snow! We made national headlines and the winterfest was postponed for the first time in 33 years. They had apparently never seen so much snow at township level. We were stuck in the house for 4 days and by the time we were able to get out none of the shops had anything and all the newspapers were 5 days old as no deliveries were able to get into town. McDonalds had to even close. Can you imagine?! I thought it was all quite a big fuss over nothing seeing as it's a ski resort but the locals were quite surprised as the snow usually the falls just on the mountains..



Starting to fall on Thursday morning.



The snow stopped for about an hour around early evening.



Then started again, and the next day and the day after that.



This is a place called Deer Park Heights, like a mini safari but with Deer and Donkeys and miniture horses. It is where they filmed a lot of Lord of the Rings too. My camera ran out about 10 minutes in to the park which was annoying so i'm going to head back with Robyn some time soon. They also have great lookout/photo points of the entire Wakatipu basin.



This llama actually had his whole head in my car whilst I was taking a picture out the other side and gave me quite a fright when I turned back around. Though I think he was more scared of me after letting out a small girlish scream..



This was a birthday party for a ski/snowboard shop in town called Quest, you buy a T-Shirt as a kind of ticket then you go to a club, get in and there is always some kind of promotion or draw, they do it all the time over here. I actually won one of the draws and got $500 worth of clothes and stuff which was awesome.

At the 'Pray for Snow' party last month, Lucy won a day pass at Cardrona Ski Resort. You have to be in it to win it!



Notice everyone is wearing the same T-Shirt :)



Miranda and I.



Me on top of Queenstown Hill. The guide books have it down as 'Moderate'. Nothing moderate about it, I was shattered!!



This was about half way up.



The view of Queenstown.



Saul's Birthday.



Chris and Lana at Saul's Birthday Party.



Lana and Lucy at Buffalo's on Saul's Birthday. Lana is my old duty manager at Breakers back in Mount Maunganui and we just happened to bump into her here in Queenstown. I don't feel so bad for quitting now seeing as my manager had the same idea.



Miranda, Lucy, Matt and Victoria at the Freestylers Gig at Subculture.



In Subculture with Lucy, Matt, Miranda and Nic.



Nic and I.



Vic and Gabi in Winnies.

OK, some of these photos are about a month or so old now and I'll try and keep the blog a bit more regular from now on. I'll get the Christmas ones up in the next week. Promise!

Andy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?