Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Epic Blog

Got a spare hour? Great! Read on..

So first of all Christmas Day. We had originally planned a small meal, but it turned into a rather large christmas party. It was really good though and Nic found an old Christmas tree in a box in the cupboard under the stairs which just made it perfect! We bought some bad Christmas music and decorations and even hats!

Spot Matt...

Merry Christmas from Andy..

..And Robyn!

The food was good. Yorkshire puddings, gravy, stuffing etc..


Robyn was mostly eating yorkshire pudding.


We played some games..

This one included eating a bar of chocolate with hat, scarf and gloves on..

I was David Hasselhoff and Robyn was Geri Halliwell..

Dirty Dancing..

Then a couple of days later Robyn and I drove out the Bob's Cove, a beautiful little spot on the northern shore of Lake Wakitupu.

Smile!

It was really stunning here.

Clear waters..


The water in Lake Wakitupu is crystal clear and safe to drink. Not that I would but I have been told my many locals that I can if I ever wanted.

We also went back to 'Deer Park Heights' which is always a laugh :)

Me feeding a Llama I think..


Robyn feeding a mini horse.



Freak goat.

View from the top of Deer Park Heights.



Goats smell the food and ambush my car!

View of Queenstown from Kelvin Heights

Robyn and I drove to Glenorchy which is at the northern tip of Lake Wakatipu which was just beautiful.



We also did the jet boat around the Shotover canyons which was sooo cool. Amazingly cold though, ice was floating down the river. Robyn and I are on the second frow from the front. Click photo to zoom in a bit.

And as if we weren't cold enough we decided to do a scenic helicopter ride up to the Remarkable mountain range. It was absolutely stunning and when we got to the top we were able to get off and have a bit of a wander around! It was so awesome. But very cold!


On top of the Remarkable Mountain Range from the helicopter.


Robyn on top of the Remarkables.

Me on top of the Remarkables!


The End!

Comments:
Brilliant photos Andy - almost wish I was there even though the sun is shining here for the first time in months and it's actually WARM! Oh! and school is winding down towards the SUMMER holidays!!
Happy New Year! I guess that'll be the next party!
Cheers
Dave/dad xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?