Saturday, March 17, 2007

Taupo/Rotorua

Yo Yo,

Quite a bit has changed now. After picking apples for a day I applied for a job as a chef at this place below the backpackers but as I was only in Napier for 2 weeks there wasn't much point. But he offered me a job as general handyman and bed maker at the hostel which was fun. Working at 8am and then by 2pm I'm done so it was great hours. I was offered a chef job though if I ever I go back for longer than 2 weeks which is really nice of them if times get tough :)

So Napier was OK.. Not a terribly fun place or that good nightlife but it had cool art deco architecture which was interesting ..for like the first couple of days. I was with aussie Carly and the Danish Pete's which made it bearable. Although by the end of the 2 weeks we were all quite happy to leave. I'm in Rotorua now or Roto-Vegas as its known. The Pete's headed off to Wellington and Carly off to New Plymouth I think. Sad to see them go, but i'll see the Pete's again when I go to Sydney, and Oli. I arrived only a few hours ago from Taupo where I stayed overnight which was just a stop over really on the way back to the mount for my birthday! Can't wait to see some of the old gang again.

Randomly caught up with loads of people in Napier, bumped into Calvin, Ian, Doug, Julie.. OK you don't know these people but it was cool! Though I suppose we are all in NZ for the same amount of time and all roughly doing the same routes heading south we are bound to bump into each other.


A few random pics from the last couple of weeks..



A rather friendly seal at Marineland.



Mo and Craig, a couple from Glasgow. Pete and Pete had no idea what they were saying half the time.



2 Danish girls that met up with the Pete's (they went to school together and happened to be travelling at the same time, bit like Laurence and I)



Lake Taupo this morning.



Carly and the Pete's.




This was somewhere between Napier and Taupo.



Frog's at the national aquarium of NZ in Napier.



A croc.



We found Nemo!



Mr Ray.



And fish of course. Lots of fish.



Sharky. Sorry Robyn, didn't mean to scare you :)



Pete & Pete taught us this amazing Danish drinking game. There's 5 glasses of beer and one glass of vodka. Oh and a dice. I'll explain it on my return! But we managed to clear 40 bottles of beer and a bottle of vodka in one hour between the 4 of us..



All my friends know how awful I am at drinking games but this one needs no brain power what so ever so all is good.



Sorry Mum!! My new tattoo.. It's only a small sun on my shoulder..



Oh and Happy St. Paddy's Day :)

Andy

Comments:
The tattoo picture is nowhere near big enough! I want to see! R x
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?