Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Mount

Hello, well i'm back at the mount now and had an awesome birthday - thanks for all the messages! We are mid way through a rather heavy week of birthdays, I think I mentioned before there are about 5 of us all celebrating birthdays one after the other.. Well it's Victoria's today, and so we are heading out to Tauranga tonight.

On my birthday we just went out here in the Mount to a few of the bars, I didn't make it back to my bed till 8am the next day though.. It was a very good night! Anyway I am powering through the week and looking forward to Sydney next week to see Jonny! (And Oli, Pete and Pete, also a couple others - Net and Kim are going to be there, some girls from Holland who stayed at the mount a few weeks back) I had a lovely birthday, spent most of it on the beach topping up the tan :) Also had a swim forgetting I was not meant to submerge my new tattoo but hey ho, it seem's dandy.

We just back to the mount from a cool nights fishing in the Coromandel. This ex surf champion guy called Ron took us all out on his boat at night and it was amazing. I had never seen stars like it - We saw about 10 shooting stars before we stopped counting! We fished in and around Waihi Beach and we stayed in his awesome lodge in the Karangahake Gorge. We only caught the one fish between 4 of us.. A rather large Tarakihi. We also got back and Ron cooked us some fish that was so amazing. As my parents know, I won't really go within 10 feet of a fish, but this was so fresh and gorgeous. We had Snapper, Kahawai and Bluenose for those that know..

It's great to see everyone again and planning the next few months down to Queenstown. Done my application for the ski season. Sorting out ferry tickets down to the south island, looking for a flat or house to live in with Victoria, Nick, Matt and Co, which is what we are all looking forward to soo much! It works out cheaper than hostels - and to get your own room after months of dorms just seems like heaven!

Right I'll get some photos up soon.
Andy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?