Monday, February 05, 2007

Mahia and Gisborne

Hey Guys!

I have a day off so managed to do some bits. Here are some more pics that I have found on my camera of Wainui Beach at Gisborne. One of my favourite beaches I think. I got a bit carried away with the sunset I think.. These are just a selection of the pictures I took :)

















Above is a couple of photo's of Sponge Bay also at Gisborne. Laurence and John surfed the island where as Sarah and I sunbathed and went for a swim instead.. Was a baking hot day :)



This is Mahia. Another blinding hot day as always it seems. My first black sand beach. Laurence and Nat saw a shark here and got out the water pretty sharpish..



This is a massive cruise ship that was at the Mount when we arrived a couple weeks ago and I actually thought it was a building. Appraently two and half times bigger than Titanic with a 9 hole golf course, 7 pools etc, one of the biggest cruise liners in the world.

The whole town turned up to watch it leave as it has to fit through this incredibly tiny gap in between the mainland and the island Mount Maunganui is on. It managed it though, just. You can just about see some big red hands on the bridge which were waving frantically as it left.

Had a nice day off, went to some falls with Laurence and Oli, watched these local kids jump off a like 60ft bridge into the river.. There was a sign saying people have died from jumping off it so don't.. Hmm I feel so old. Anyway just about to drink my bodyweight so i'll catch you all later!

Thanks for the pics Dad. Have a nice time in the Maldives..

Andy

Comments:
Hi Andy.Glad all is well. Those hours sound ridiculous though. Don't overcook yourself. Winter has finally arrived here with cold, big surf and even the odd snowflake. Seems Robyn may fly to Beijing the day before we arrive in HK so any tips for entertaining ourselves for 4-5 days?
Take care
Dave
Now how do I work this blog thing???
 
HK is fairly easy to get around.
The MTR is great. If I can do it on my own anyone can!

Jealous of the snow.. The job is tiring, will probably quit next week and get something part time. 60 hour weeks are not really my thing.. I am constantly tired and am missing the gorgeous NZ summer days! All good though, its been interesting.

When do you arrive in HK?

Andy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?