Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hong Kong

Hello and welcome to the new blog. First a bit of background.

I'm Andy but you probably already know that. I'm 21 and i'm originally from North Devon but have been living in Bristol for the last year and a half.

On the 20th December I left all my friends and family behind for a most excellent adventure. A year away from England travelling and working around New Zealand. I have been once before for a couple of weeks and fell in love with the place.

Two of my bestest friends are currently living in Hong Kong (Robyn and Ben) So me and Robyn's boyfriend Adam decided to take the same flight out here (I had to stopover anyway) and spend Christmas and New Years with them. I will carry on to New Zealand but he will fly back home to England.

So Adam and I have a fairly easy and stress free trip up to Heathrow from Bristol apart from the fog which was awful. BA cancelled some short haul flights but we got away with no problems.

Landed in Hong Kong (For those that don't know him, Adam is really tall and so we blagged exit seats on the plane which made for a great flight with our legs stretched out as far as they could go for the entire 12 hours!)

Anyway Robyn and Ben met us at the airport, totally awesome to see them both again. We grabbed a drink at the airport and chatted before heading into Wan Chai where they live so we could dump our stuff before getting something to eat at the 'Winking Girl' a local restaurant place where we had some authentic chinese grub. Ads and I couldn't use the chopsticks to save our lives (Although I can now I am pleased to say)

So before Christmas we did all sorts of trips and excursions to peaks and piers and ferrys and theme parks which was really cool. Eating out every night which is nice and the food is mega cheap. Lots of drinking too of course! Christmas eve is rather a blur.


The Peak


With Adam and Robyn at the harbour waiting for a ferry


At the Peak with Nicki, Ben and Robyn.


Christmas Eve (Early on in the night believe it or not..)

Christmas day we had the present opening in the morning and then headed to an irish pub for christmas dinner which was like a mountain of food. Gorgeous though. The rest of the day we just kind of chilled out which was nice. Especially as we were all rather hungover..


Christmas Day!

Boxing day we headed to Lantau Island to see the big Budha and I met up with my cousin from Australia, Erin and her boyfriend Dean. I had met Erin before when I was in Sydney a couple years ago but hadn't met Dean before. That was good. They are heading to the UK after this trip and I was warning them how cold it would be, I don't know if they realised what a shock they are in for!


The Big Budha on Lantau Island

New Years Eve was amazing. We had drinks in the flat then headed out to Wan Chai where we spent the countdown and stayed there till 2ish I think before heading into the central area which was mega busy. We stumbled in at 6am so it must have been a good one :)


With Nicki, Adam, Neela, Rav, Robyn and Hannah on New Years Eve in the flat.


In Carnegies where we spent the countdown and celebrations!



Happy New Year!!

You should be allowed to dance on bars in England..

So here I am on the 3rd January 2007, about to pack my bag and head to the airport this afternoon for my flight into Auckland. I have had an awesome time here. It's totally crazy and I don't think I could actually live here but Robyn and Ben seem to love the mad place though which is cool :)

Right. I have a bag to pack. Over and out.

Andy X


Comments:
OOh popping your blog-comment-cherry!! and may I say what WHAT is that group NYE picture about?! Could you not pick a picture where I dont look quite so 'special'?! Anyway, youre off checking your bags in at the mo so i'll hit you when you get back - will miss you!! x x
 
Aww Andy! Don't get lost in New Zeland! I just full on signed up for whatever this blog thingy is just to comment! Missing you lots, we're yet another man down! thursday nights haven't been the same! Keep posting the random blogs!
xx
 
Andrew Z Ross. Behave yourself and try not to fall in love with any sheep. Even if they flutter those long eyelashes at you...

Bx
 
Hi Andy! Your mum showed me your blog at work!!!! So keep it clean!!! Great to see more pix of R&B spesh as they haven't put any of xmas and NY on theirs. Hope you have a fab time in NZ. Take care
Sam&Dave
 
Hey Andy
I see Robyn made you cut your hair then....
 
Andrew, update your blog! shame on you :)


Ben :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?