Monday, January 22, 2007

Back at the Mount

Hello.

Well after a very nice and relaxing couple of weeks in Gissy, Laurence and I headed back to Mount Maunganui yesterday. From one beach to another :) It was really nice in Gissy and the people there were great. I'll definitely be back. Maybe for my birthday in March. We have also realised it is stupidly cheap there compared to other places. I paid $80 a week there which is like 25 pounds. Gissy has a lot of long stays (probably due to the price) so it's got a really good atmosphere there.

Anyway it's still baking hot. We have been looking for jobs this morning and will update if anything comes of it, Laurence is a looking for a bit of evening work too. I plan to be here for a while, I like it here. Nice clean modern town, all the streets and buildings look brand new, gorgeous beach, nice people.

Here is a piccy I found of Mount Maunganui. You can walk up the 'Mount' and it has amazing views so I shall walk up it ..one day. It's too damn hot right now though. The town carries on a bit out the photo and so does the beach which is where Laurence does his surf instructing.


You can see because of the location of the peninsula we get the ocean beach and a harbour beach which is cool. As well as hot pools at the base of the mount. As they say here c-h-o-i-c-e.



Anyway time is running out. So I best be off.

Andy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?